For cashew butter:
For the Salsa Pico:
For the Queso:
For the Avocados:
Making cashew butter:
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¾ cup for recipe and store the rest for later use.
To Make the Salsa Pico:
- Add all of the salsa ingredients and stir gently to combine in a medium-sized bowl. Set this aside.
To Make the Queso:
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise (use one half for recipe) take out seeds and bake in the oven (350F) for about 1-1.5 hours, until tender. You can also steam or boil squash.
- Add butternut squash and all queso ingredients to the NutraMilk along with the ¾ cup cashew butter and press ¨Mix¨ for a minute or so until sauce is smooth.
To Make the Avocados:
- Slice and half the avocados to make 6 portions.
- Remove the pits and place the avocados onto a baking sheet. Set this aside.
- Remove the casing and crumble sausage by hand into a bowl.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, then add the red onion and sear for about a minute.
- Add in the crumbled sausage and sauté it for 3 minutes more. The more charring you get the more flavor it will have; however, be careful not to burn it! Remove this from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Make sure the avocados will stand up on own by gently pressing them down they won’t tip over.
- Add roughly 1 tablespoon of cashew queso, then top that with 1 tablespoon of sausage-onion mixture in the center of each avocado.
- Bake them for 10 -15 minutes, then remove from oven and top with the salsa pico. Garnish with the cilantro and jalapeños as desired, sprinkle them with a touch of salt, and serve them immediately.
This recipe does not have to be baked. You can simply stuff the avocados and eat them straight away. Delicious either way!