Hazelnuts contain the highest proanthocyanidin content of any tree nut! These are polyphenol compounds that have high levels of antioxidant capabilities and are associated with helping reduce the risk of blood clotting and urinary tract infections.
Hazelnut are also a good source of folate. This essential B-complex vitamin helps prevent Megaloblastic Anemia and may help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and depression and most importantly, neural tube defects in the newborn. Good news for expectant mothers!
Also rich in manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and a good source of vitamin E. One glass of this milk contains 24 hazelnuts which provides 17% DV* of Vitamin E, helping keep your skin healthy. All these essential nutrients and more are what have linked hazelnuts with helping treat and prevent many degenerative illnesses of the mind like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
Hazelnut Milk Nutrition
This alternative milk is a good source of macro and micronutrients, including:
- Plant protein
- Heart healthy fats (MUFA's)
- Vitamin E
- Folate, B-vitamins
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup hazelnuts (135 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- Place hazelnuts and coconut palm sugar in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 6 -7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- 1½ Tablespoons coconut palm sugar