*1 round of cheddar (6")
A simple and delicious, melty Vegan smoked cheddar cheese. Perfect for using as cheese slices, grated and melted over a variety of dishes. This recipe is dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and wonderfully melty. Plus, it's so much better than store-bought options that are often loaded with palm oil, additives and/or artificial flavors.
- Blend everything together in the Nutramilk processor. Only keep the tapioca starch and agar aside.
- When you achieve a smooth, runny consistency, add the tapioca and agar. Blitz for a few seconds to incorporate them well into the mix.
- Pour the mixture in a pot and heat up over medium-high fire. Stir continuously. Remove from the fire when the mixture thickens and becomes more stretchy.
- Pour into your desired mould. I used a 6" tart tin; alternatively, you can also use a bowl. Let cool off to room temperature. Then refrigerate.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. It's also possible to freeze it for up to 3 months.