This vegan version of Alfredo sauce is so creamy and delicious! It’s easy to make and a healthy, nutrient-rich addition to so many dishes. Enjoy!
For cashew milk:
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 5–6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (more to taste)
- 1.5 cups cashew milk (or more to taste) made with the NutraMilk
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh parsley for serving
For cashew MilkStart by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Sauté the minced garlic with the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Be careful not to brown the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower, cover, and cook until cauliflower is tender when you stick a fork in it (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the NutraMilk. Add cashew milk, sautéed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg. Mix for 1-2 minutes until the sauce smooth. You can add more cashew milk if it seems too thick. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta or use it as a pizza sauce or for any other dish you desire. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!